Now; Seven Minus One Equal Six (7-1=6)
This equation had happen in case of few Ngok Dinka who are still loyal to Sudan. Since inception of the negotiations that ended in signing of the CPA in 2005. Almost the few Ngoks of Abyei who were tactically loyal to NCP have then abandoned it for good. Only seven persons remained in their blind support to the killers of their brothers and sisters simply because they were paid!! These seven bad men and a woman are:
1. Zakaria Atem Phiyin, an old betrayer and a Roman Catholic followers, but a dead heart follower of NCP in particular and Sudan in general for reasons not known to anyone. Atem was among those who were called in South Sudan during the first war “al hras al watani” in Abyei they were called thiath – Syasi literally the politicians, but meaning the betrayers
2. Majith Yak Kur, a converted Muslim and graduate of Umdurman Islamic University and a follower of Muslims Brotherhood, he joined this group after the 30 June 1989. He has attached himself to this group to the extent that he said before the CPA that if SPLM take over Sudan he will go to Iran. Showing his closeness to Islam. And said once that he is not like Southerners in their religions and language – by the way his Arabic is very weak though he pretend to know it
3. Ayom Matet Ayom; he is a Muslim too; but he was only looking for his personal benefits rather than a believer in NCP ideology. Ayom has shown in many occasions that he can join the SPLM, in case he will be taken care off. Ayom was expected to defect from the NCP at any time since 2010. Nobody pick it up to talk to him within the SPLM, he would have come earlier
4. Amin Kiir Dhel (Benjamin) he was an altar boy in the Catholic Church of Abyei in late 1970s. He was among those who were called Silivano’s sons. Silivano was the Catholic Church pastor in Abyei then and used to look after some boys as his sons. But when Silivano was deported from Sudan by this government in early 90s; he found himself without a pence in pocket; he then decided to convert to Islam, by that time the INF was wild in converting South Sudanese to Islam, finding a church boy was a huge victory, Benjamin decided too to divide in his name to two parts and get rid of first four letters of his name and remained with last four.
5. Nyanjur Mayout Ayuak; she is the only woman among the seven supporters of NCP in Abyei. Nyanjur was brought up in Upper Nile, in Renk, were his father was working. She never saw Abyei in her life until she was appointed by NCP as member of Abyei Legislative Assembly in 2010. His appointment was a clandestine. Nyanjur who was brought up by her family as a Roman Catholic, become a Muslim in early 90s. She becomes known in the circles of NCP as one of the South Sudan leading women. Though she was working in Upper Nile, she was reminded once by rivaling groups in politics there that she is not from Upper Nile, she is from Abyei. She deserted the NCP for some times – may be tactically and declared that she joined SPLM in Juba in 2008. She managed to gained good sum of money through using every means including her pale body – she is a tall women whom most South Sudanese like. But when the Abyei Administration was established in 2008, she was among the list that NCP projected to the Area Assembly.
6. Jipur Makuei Dholbake; Jipur was in Egypt during the 90s looking for migration to the western world as many of the South Sudanese did during that time. He failed to gain a chance, and as the economic situation was worsening in Egypt then, the Sudan Embassy was looking for soft target that it can use and paid among the South Sudanese asylum seekers in Egypt. He was recruited and from then and forth he become a dead heart follower of the system in Khartoum. Apart from material benefits know body can tell what Jipur is looking for in the NCP, though he was a Roman Catholic too, he is not known if he joined the so-called “religion of God”
7. Ramadhan Chol; an ex – SAF soldier, who had appointed himself a chief of a Ngok Dinka section in Khartoum in 90s. He was active in relief distribution during that time and found himself in need to money. But as the chance of getting money were diminishing, Ramdhan decided to join the easy alliance of money – the NCP. He still claimed to be the secretary General for Abyei chiefs in Khartoum. Ramadhan is a semi- illiterate person
Among these seven alliance of betrayers, Ayom has detached himself from, he will run under cross fire in the coming days, but I trust that he had taken a right decision though in a wrong time. They remained six now. We don’t know who will follow Ayom. As we also know that none of them will vote for the Sudan if referendum is to take place with exception of Majith who was recently reported to have said when he was told by a relative that you will remained in North but will be called Abid – slave, he said yes, I will be Ad=bid and so my sons, but my grandsons will not be slave again in the Sudan
welcome back Ayom i hope your desison is coming from the botom of your heart , there is chance for forgivness , let us hope that you are not blackmailing us and you go back again like those of Lam Akol.